Getting insurance quotes online has never been easier. We are in the technology age where our technology is advancing more quickly than anytime in history. Just think how much has changed in the last 10 years in how we shop, listen to music, watch movies, and access the internet. With all of these advancements in technology, the way we shop for insurance was bound to change as well. We will discuss some of the benefits of shopping for insurance along with some of the hazards as well.
Our website allows users to shop for insurance in 3 ways.
- Call a licensed agent.
- Get an instant online quote that you can bind yourself.
- Input your info into an online form that will be transferred to a licensed agent to shop
Every individual is different with different needs so shopping for insurance should fit those differences as well allowing the user to be satisfied with the results.
Some of the positives in shopping for insurance online are:
- Quotes are timely and in many cases instant
- Ease of use
- You can do it directly on your computer or phone without having to talk with someone
- You don’t have to deal with individual sales people
- Instant issue of your policy
Some of the negatives in shopping for insurance online are:
- You may not get the coverage you need
- You can’t ask questions
- Certain kinds of insurance aren’t available to be quoted or issued online
- You can’t always get quotes from multiple companies like you can when dealing with an independent agent
Many of the online quoting companies are very user-friendly, including our own. However, unless you are a licensed agent you may not understand what coverages will fit your needs. Insurance is extremely important and without the proper coverage, the results can be detrimental.
I still feel that shopping for insurance of all kinds including auto insurance, home insurance, commercial insurance, etc is best when issued and advised by insurance professionals so that you will be adequately covered in the event of a loss. It is for this reason that home insurance policies and commercial policies among others cannot be quoted and especially issued by customers themselves. We offer instant online quotes and the ability to issue your own policy to meet the increasing needs of customers but please be careful with this technology.
When in doubt please call us to ask any coverage questions or advice on what policy would be best for you. Even if you have already issued your own policy it can’t hurt to have a licensed insurance agent look at your policy and make any recommendations for you.