NC Investment Property Insurance

If you are a real estate investor in North Carolina then you should have an insurance agent that is an expert in the industry.  We have been specialists in NC investment property insurance for 19 years.  Aside from our knowledge base, we also have the best rates as well.  We can shop the most companies allowing us to win on coverage in premium in almost all cases.

Licensed States

Get a Quote

Send us your information for a free quote!

We can write all types of insurance for real estate investors.  There are various types of property insurance that could apply depending on the property.

Most Common Types of NC Investment Property Insurance

  • Builders Risk– a home that is undergoing major renovations or being built from the ground up
  • Rental Property– a standard 12 month rental to a tenant
  • Vacant– the property will be unoccupied for a specified period of time
  • Short Term Rental (Airbnb or VRBO rented properties)- a hybrid type of policy that covers your property as a secondary and short term rental
  • Secondary Home– a standard secondary home that you spend time off and on at throughout the year
  • Vacation Home– a second home that you use strictly for vacationing
  • Primary Home– your personal home that you reside in full time
  • Commercial Properties– a commercial property that is rented to a commercial tenant
  • Apartment Complex- Multi unit dwellings

North and South Carolina Areas Served:

Charlotte, NC
Mooresville, NC
Concord, NC
Huntersville, NC
Matthews, NC
Mint Hill, NC
Harrisburg, NC
Gastonia, NC
Rock Hill, SC
Tega Cay, SC
Greenville, SC
Spartanburg, SC

We have options. There is no one size fits all package for property insurance. We can offer varying package policies.

When shopping for NC property insurance you should consider different coverage options.

Some common coverage options to consider include:

  1. Replacement Cost vs Actual Cash Value– Do you want just your interest in the property covered or would you like to completely rebuild if you have a total loss.
  2. Liability Insurance– How much liability coverage would you like to be protected for.  Policy coverage for this type usually starts at $100,000 but we typically recommend $1,000,000.  There is usually little difference in premium to go with higher coverage here.
  3. Rent Loss– It is a good idea to have your rental income covered should you have a loss where you can not collect this due to a covered loss.  This is also known as business income.
  4. Excluded Perils–  Most common perils that are excluded are flood, earthquake, and sink hole to name a few.
  5. Contents Coverage– How much owned contents do you need?  This will vary depending if this is your primary or a rental property that only includes appliances and everywhere in between.
  6. Endorsements– There are several endorsement options to choose from and you need to determine which ones are you likely to use and which ones are you paying premium for an unlikely claim scenario.
Pegram Insurance Agency
Working hours

Open  |  Mon-Fri  9am – 5pm
Closed  |  Sat-Sun & Holidays

Social profiles

Let Pegram Insurance Find You Better Coverage for a Lower Price

Get a quick insurance quote and start saving money today!